Sender:
From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:38:00 -0500
Bill Frank wrote:

> This is one of the more unusual messages we have received as of
> late. If anyone wishes to respond, you can address her directly.
> Sounds urgent though!
> >Dear Seashell club member,
> >
> >I was told by a few people that if you put a row of sea shells infront of
> >your computer screen or a large shell on top of it that it will absorb
> >computer radiation given off screen. Is this so or is it not true. Please
> >answer as soon as possible.

Hello!

Hi Bill Frank,

Yes this is true. It is one of the many non collecting uses of seashells.
Another very
important use is of the Cypraea moneta in predicting the future. The "Santero"
or "Macumba" Doctors use 17 of the Cypraea (with dorsal area cut off) as
indicators of fate or future happenings, sort of poor man's Tarot. They throw
the shells on a special
board "Tablero" and the position and pattern or arrangement of the shells is
interpreted into future happenings "love, death, wealth, etc".

Shells are "magical" in many ways to many people of the world. Absorption by
the shell of Data Monitor radiation is one of them. In Slobonia, shells are
instead used for money, and the Data Monitor radiation (alpha, x-ray and
gamma) is absorbed by using white turnips which are very common. The turnips
are used in rows (smaller sizes) or  just one large whopper size is used
depending on size and position of the Monitor. It is a quite inconvenient
method of radiation protection though, as you must constantly peek at the
screen around the turnip or shell. This has caused a rise in neck region
ailments among the populace, specifically of aviocollum syndrome.
--
Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;