Sender:
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 21:24:52 -0500
7bit
From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
To Roland, Roger and Emilio,

The Standard Deviations out for such an ACTUAL cowry would be -- my
guess -- about 12 to 15. It is absurdly far out.

If you use the Hawaiian subspecies of C. tigris to create the
plot, an 8-1/2 inch specimen would be even farther out.

Anyway, I've posted the article in the Archive site --- with my
comments attached. For those of you who were not familiar with
the undercurrents running through the Hawaiian Malacology Society
at that time, the editor of the Shell News did not have complete
control of the publication and, knowing Tom Burch, doubt that he
approved of such an addition.

This is the extent of my comments concerning this on the listserver.

Aloha,

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle)