Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:22:01 -0700
7bit
From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
I certainly agree with putting one's town and country on the signature.  In fact I read that this was
considered to be part of standard "netiquette" only the day before you posted your request (not so well
known of a standard I guess).  I actually read the net etiquette suggestions posted by Amy Edwards last
week.  How many others did?
Many times we have corresponded with people, not necessarily on this site at all and the first thing I
want to know is where they are from, (I don't know why, basic curiosity I guess).  I think the
Conch-Lers are better than most at recognizing that not all people on the Net live in the USA and they
don't necessarily know where your town or favorite beach is if you don't explicitly say so.
I also recommend that people read the "netiquette" sites that were recommended last week by Amy
http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/CONCH-L/CONCH-Lrules.html
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/netiquette.html

For those of you who save some people's E-Mail adddresses in your Address Book, my suggestion is to
fill out the "Address Card" (if your E-Mail has it) with the extra information so that if you want to
E-Mail someone you can remember a bit about them.  I even include small reminders such as what their
main area of interest is just to remind myself who is who and get to know the people a bit, even if it
is just a "virtual" acquaintanceship.

Nora Bryan
Calgary, Alberta
CANADA

(This is going to take awhile before it sinks in, I almost sent this off without my own signature).