Sender:
From:
Scott E Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:33:14 -0800
I cast a vote for the lumpers.  The advent of DNA analysis will surely bring
about more unity than distinction amongst subgenera, species and subspecies.
Soon a book will appear revealing the homogenity of the Cypraeidae genus
Zoila.  My God, look at man: if we split ourselves based on morphologyy, we
would all be separate species!

Not to knock morphology.  Comparing the conclusions drawn from morphological
studies against those demonstrated by DNA analysis will surely be of use to
paleontologists.

Admittedly this is just an amateur's opinion,

Scott Jordan