Sender:
From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 16:49:34 +0900
> PS - Off the subject in a way, but since we all use computers, it is a
> question/problem that could affect all of us.  Does any really knowledgeable
> person out there know why a computer would keep rebooting itself when you
> click on anything.

If it's a PC with Windows, then boot up from the Windows floppy and
re-install Windows from CD or floppies. If the problem persists, you have
to re-initialise your hard disc, in which case you will lose everything.
Just re-installing Windows will not erase any non-Windows programs or files
(Word processors, databases etc.)
If it's a Mac, then re-install the OS from CD or floppies using the Disk
Tools utility on the original floppy disc.

> My new computer, acquired in December with a 30-day warranty,
A 30-day warranty? Sounds like you were ripped off. I don't know where you
are, but here in Japan all new computers have at least 1-year warranties on
hardware originally-installed software, which can normally be extended to 5
years for about $50.