Sender:
From:
Bill Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:20:38 -0500
Everyone who owns a flatbed scanner, I'm sure, knows how simple it
is to scan specimen shells.  I have recently been experimenting with
scanning live shells via the same means.  However, my results
thus far have proven to be less than acceptable partly due to
the fact that my subject is Bradybaena similaris (Ferussac, 1821)
((an exotic import)) - and these guys can move really fast.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has attempted
to scan live specimens (terrestrial or marine), what kind of results
you have obtained, and any scanning tips that you may have.

Bill Frank
1865 Debutante Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32246-8645
Phone/FAX: (904) 724-5326
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm