Sender:
From:
ray patsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:54:28 -0600
Thanks Russ,

Scouring the beaches of the Northeast US,  I discovered the secrets of
microshells.  As most collectors look for big shells,  getting down with the
sand opens a whole new world!

Can someone help me identify microshells I have found from Cape Cod
(Nantucket Sound). They are about 2-3 mm.  brown or grey, with at least 1 or
2 bands of white. The shape is like a Periwinkle.  They seem to be abundant,
but I can't find their host.  Is it sand granules, other mollusks, seaweed
or what?

Also, can someone identify a source manual(reference) that addresses
mircoshells?