Sender:
From:
Sher Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:41:38 +1100
Hello everybody,

first I must appologise for sending a private message on conch-l,  I
clicked "reply to" unthinking.

My question for the day is-

How are fossilized shells and crabs etc valued? Is it by size, weight,
condition, all three - or are there set values for different species?  I
have several fossil crabs from about
1 1/2 cm across to 5 cm across the shell, some have a claw or two and some
are just the body or under body visible.

Also does anyone know of a web site with pictures of fossilized corrals and
sponges?

It would be nice to be able to identify the funny bubbly fossils that I
have been picking up at a local site where I also find fossil shells, bones
and wood.

hope someone has some answers for me, happy shelling

Sher.