Sender:
From:
Kay Lavalier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:57:54 -0400
Andrew Vik
Tampa, FL., USA

Scott:

I try to hit the beach after any major wind storm, not just hurricanes. Two or
three days of high winds will bring many offshore species up, the kinds not
found on the beach in normal weather. The big no-name storm several years ago
put several new species in my collection. I have also seen the beach cleaned out
by such storms. The trick is to go collecting one or two days after the storm
has passed. That same barren beach usually has mounds of shells at that time.
Good material continues to wash up for many days afterward.

Andrew