Sender:
From:
Glenn Burghardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 15:46:12 -0700
Andrew Rindsberg mentioned in his email about new collectors starting off
with a group that few people collected.  This is what Laura and I did thirty
five years ago when we chose to specialize in chitons. We liked the shells
but found if we gave special attention to them we were not in competition
with others. There is a problem, if they are not popular, then the are
harder to acquire from dealers, exchanges etc. But, it is true, if you
specialize in the 'far out group' you will be remembered.  Many years ago we
were known very well as the 'chiton people.'   To make us feel it was a long
time ago, we just borrowed the Shell Lecture we did on chitons. Boy, do we
look different in one of the slides showing us in our chiton room.  I guess
time takes its toll.

Best to all

Glenn & Laura Burghardt
 11424 Pioneer Ave., Oakdale, CA 95361 USA
email: [log in to unmask]  website: www.chitons.com
Worldwide shell collectors. Special interest: chiton collection and study