Sender:
From:
Douglas Nolen Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:15:19 EDT
Dear All:
        I am working through some sample dredged in the Northern Gulf of
Mexico by the National Marine Fisheries Service from 99 meters of Dauphin
Island, Alabama.  Several specimens have me stumped for the moment.  Can
anyone recommend references that will provide information regarding the
taxonomy of Argopecten noronhensis (E. A. Smith, 1885) and Sinum minor (Dall,
1889)?  I am also having trouble with some small turrids (what a surprise)
from the same location and turrids taken from ca. 400 ft. off Trinidad.  Any
help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Doug Shelton
Alabama Malacological Research Center
2370-G Hillcrest Road #236
Mobile, AL 36695  USA