Sender:
From:
"Michael A. iacoboni" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:36:16 -0600
Super glue (cyanoacrylate) was originally developed as an emergency field
dressing for the Viet nam conflict.  It comes in many forms (methyl, ethyl,
propyl, butyl etc.) depending on the length of the carbon atom chain.  In
Canada where the drug approval process is different from the USA it is used
in hospitals as a less traumatic substitute for suturing.  Perhaps that is
why it is so effective at glueing careless fingers together.

Mike Iacoboni