Sender:
From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:27:13 -0700
They are not nocturnal.  However, they do tend to "bloom" and "fade" over large areas and from
year-to-year.  I've found them to be more prevalent during the first half of the year.  Should be
able to find them easiest in moderate to sparse, grassy areas.  While they can be seen moving along
in sandy areas, it would have to be adjacent to grassy areas.  When they do "bloom" it is possible
to scoop up dozens with a hand held strainer.  The best year I've seen on the Banana River portion
of the Indian River Lagoon, Brevard County, Florida would have permitted the collection of
1,000-1,500 per hour.  If you had included your location with your signature, may have been able to
give you some specific suggestions where to collect in your area.

Marlo
Florida

--
Marlo