Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:08:20 -1000
7bit
From:
"Wesley M. Thorsson" <[log in to unmask]>
The May, 1999 issue of Internet Hawaiian Shell News is now on line.  The
opening page departs from tradition with a wind surfing photo.  The
Features , Auction and Month Sections have well over a hundred mollusc
photos, however.  Feel free to download them for your photo files.

Feature articles include photos of the "Eyes and Tentacles" of a wide
range of families.  I will add a comparison of Trochus and Turbo animals
(probably) next month based on new knowledge I gained from my Cook
Island Photos.  The series of articles on Turridae continue with many
Turrid photos.

The 1999 HMS Scholarship Grant awards are announced (the winners
received Email notification about April 10th).  Thanks to all the IHSN
auction bidders for the funds to give $3,000 of awards.

Thanks to CONCH-L posting contributors who have authorized use of their
postings to form interesting items in the Month Section.  The 1950's
diving experiences article is continued.

A new and bigger auction is included which displays photos of
interesting Muricidae, Conidae, Turridae, etc. while doing an auction.
Prices vary from very affordable to a few more expensive cones. Both
forms of C. crocatus are included.

Since I was the receiver of a donation of quite a quantity of arts and
crafts shells, some of these are included in the auction with prices by
the bag.  These shells are under 5 cents each, most much lower.  Useful
for give-aways at meetings in addition to craft use.  More are
available, and suggestions as to how to sell them to benefit the
scholarship fund are desired.

In coming months, we will have Dr. Burgess's shell cabinets and spare
books for sale.  The cabinets are too big for shipment in my opinion,
but ask if you think you would pay shipping.

--
                     Aloha from Wesley M. Thorsson
Editor of Internet Hawaiian Shell News, a monthly Internet Publication