Sender:
From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:21:05 -0400
Helmut,

I think there are few messages because everyone in the northern hemisphere,
except Ross Mayhew, Lori Schroeder and I, is out cutting his lawn!  Weather
has been spectacular here and the stuff is growing very fast!  Ross is not
cutting his lawn, probably because it is still buried under a blanket of
the white stuff, and Lori and I are not cutting our lawn because we have
been busy all day long preparing some very special shells for the COA
Welcome Party on June 27.  (And besides, Lori cut her lawn yesterday.)
Since it is autumn in the southern hemisphere, and grass grows well in
autumn weather, it could be that everyone down below is grass cutting as
well.  Have patience, Helmut!  Heat and drought (or the onset of winter)
will slow the grass growth and everyone will come back inside to their
computers.  But meanwhile, you'll have to make do with grass clippings and
the flying pigs, and to wonder what's special about the shells for the COA
Welcome Party!

Lynn Scheu
Louisville KY, Derby City and Home of the 1999 COA Convention, where shells
will surround you!   Where Kim Hutsell is coming to measure shells for the
world record size catalogue (next edition).  Where everyone should be sure
to bring  world record contenders to show off and measure.  (We'd like for
you to display them at the convention as well.  If you have shells that are
already listed as world records, we encourage you to bring them for display
also.  We will be providing security for such displays.  Bring a small case
-- or a large one if you need it! -- in which to display your giant/s!)

P.S.
 I hear that Kim MAY have the newest edition of World Records available for
purchase in Louisville!  Are you listed in it?