Sender:
From:
Stewart Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 07:47:45 -0400
A long-time conchologist friend from South America is asking for help of a
special kind, and I wonder if any CONCH-Lers would be willing and able to
assist, or if they would have any other suggestions for her.

The request comes from Bibiana Cerne, a meteorologist researcher and teacher
at the University of Buenos Aires.  I have corresponded with her over the
years, and she and her husband Guillermo are shell collectors:  muricidae,
cypraeidae, volutidae and others.  A couple of years ago she was attending a
scientific convention in Scotland and asked if I could suggest any shelling
locations in that country (which I did and which explains the reference to
UK in her letter).

Anyway, Bibiana is asking for help for a young friend who is suffering from
leukemia.  She emailed me:

"I sent you my last email about 2 years ago....Guillermo and I are very
busy, and we think tomorrow I'll write, but...sometimes tomorrow comes when
the help is required.

Last time you help me with shells at UK, this time it is not for me.
Agustin needs help.

Agustin Rovero is Olga Penalba and Adrian Rovero's son.  His mother works in
the Department of Atmospheric C's with me.  He is 10 years old and he is
ill.  Hes at the hospital, Memorial Sloan-Ketterin in New York, he has
leukemia, and his bone marrow was transplanted in this hospital.  Now, he
needs daily blood transfusion (of different parts of the blood).

Do you know any person who can give blood for him?

Hospital telephone number (212)639-7643, it is necessary to mention Agustin
Rovero.

Olga Penalba and Adrian Rovero
Ronald McDonald House
405 East 73rd Street, room 505