Sender:
From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 23:29:18 -0400
Hello!

Hi to all,

I received my copy (purchased) of the Iconography of the Harpidae by
Snail Mail in record time, about one and a half weeks, ordered via the
internet.

It is as the tiltle states a full set of color plates of super
resolution and excellent color
rendition of all Harps, Morums, their variations and closeups of
protoconchs.
The concept is ideal for shell ID.
The written portion is short, very concise and has all pertinent info
without wordy
redundancy. This is a new concept in shell books, most important it is
affordable.
The volumes (plate sets) are designed to be held in a ring binder. I
suppose you can
get them all or only the ones of interest. So this way you can buy only
the volumes you
may have an interest in, or all volumes if ALL molluscs are of interest.

I e-mailed Guido Poppe and asked about my interest, Cypraea. He said
that these will
be issued by genus ie one Iconography for each; Zoila, Cribrarula,
Cypraeovula etc etc.

If you are interested, go to Guido Poppes website and get more info on
the Iconographies
and how to obtain one at;

http://www.conchology.uunethost.be/

This is not a commercial, it is my opinion of a neat shell book and an
innovative
publishing idea in a world of $200.00 shell books.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;
"The Liguus Home Page"