Sender:
From:
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:49:30 -0600
James,

I take it you do not want to use scotch tape.  I keep most bivalve
shells in small, clear plastic bags and thus do not need to worry over
much about the valves becoming separated.  However, about a year ago on
Conch-L someone wrote about a glue available at hobby stores called
something like "sticky glue" ot "tacky glue."  It was recommended for
keeping scallop shells together as it never hardens and can be pulled
apart and then put back together countless times (I guess kind of like a
"post-it note").  At the time it sounded like great stuff, but I admit I
haven't tried it.  If you try it, let us know how it works.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA