Sender:
From:
April Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:33:42 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/1999 4:53:48 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Anyone here read a charming book about shelling in Exuma by Cecile E.
 Mactaggart called "A SHELL GAME" ISBN 0-9699121-2-9? I got my copy in
 Georgetown. It's delightful.

YES!!  I found that book in a book store in Nassau.  Did you get the card
game attached to the book?  It was a little of an ordeal for the ladies in
the bookstore to go back to the stockroom to find a copy that was fully
intact.  I did enjoy hearing about the shelling experience from a native
Bahamian.  She very much romanticizes her experiences.
I had a tough time finding a good shell reference book in the Bahamas.  The
other little guide book I found was:
Seashells of the Caribbean by Lesley Sutty, 1990, pp. 106.  It is a guide
that is part of the Caribbean Pocket Natural History Series.  Published by
Macmillan Education Ltd, London.
Has anyone seen any other publications put out specifically on the Bahamas?
How about on their "Peanut snails"?
April