Sender:
From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:03:02 -0400
Thanks for the informative piece below.  Wish we had some living around
here to play with.  The closest geographically is the high mountains of
Hispaniola, which I think remains undescribed.  Anyway, I (and others, I'm
sure) appreciate the illumination.

Here's another one.  Have you ever seen that helicarionid from San Tome
Island (I think) which has a false operculum?  The upper part of the
apertural lip is hinged with periostracum and when the snail retracts, it
flops down over the aperture.  It's pretty cool.  I can't remember the
genus.....

Kurt