Sender:
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:35:12 EDT
Back in 1979, I obtained two specimens of Siratus beaui Fischer & Bernardi,
1857. They were dredged in 720 ft. of water, Gulf of Mexico off Cape San
Blas. I no longer collect Murex and had put them aside and forgot about them.
For some reason assumed the Cape San Blas area was off NW Florida. Believe
the Black's were living in central or south Florida so can't imagine that
they came up to NW Florida. Does anyone out there have shells from the
Black's, and if so did any come from Cape San Blas and where is this
location? At 720 ft. of water, one would have to go way out in the NW area of
the Gulf, to reach that depth.

Best Regards,
Bob Granda
Panama City, Florida