Sender:
From:
James M Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:42:17 -0400
I remember one time some years ago, when I didn't know
anything about shells, nor did I care, there was a large storm
on Pensacola beach. After the storm I went out to see if anything
interesting had washed up. For miles you could see these black
"blobs" strewn over the beach. I touched one. It felt slimy, so I jumped
back. After a while I had become brave enough to pick one up. So I picked
it up. Curious, I squeezed it. A jet of purple dye soaked my shirt. It
looked like
someone had sprayed me with grape juice. I had to throw the shirt away.
I now look back on it and realize that the blobs were Sea Hares. An
excellent
source of royal purple dye!

Kindest Regards,
James