Sender:
From:
James M Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:48:07 -0400
I store some of my most valuable shells in sealed plastic boxes filled
with cotton. I have a gem Conus auricomus, and I keep it in a box filled
with
cotton. I have enough cotton in the box so that when I put on the lid, it
pushes the
cone into the cotton, thus preventing it from rolling around and
breaking. I use a similar
method with my Gaza superba, who's box has a blue foam base. For my 3
slit shells, I just
use an old lid of a jewelry box, with a pad of cotton in it. The shell
rests on the cotton and does not
touch the box, so it prevent's Byne's disease. As I mentioned before, my
whole collection is artistically
arranged on a waxed ceder and redwood bookcase. The front is open, and I
often have a fan blowing
on the shells, so that would be pretty adequate ventilation, wouldn't you
say?

Kind Regards,
James