Sender:
From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:57:46 -0400
>explanation of the fossil record as we know it, so it is the prevailing
theory; but like many things
>in Science, such as the life-cycles of stars and galaxies or the internal
workings of the sun's
>core, it cannot be observed directly, therefore must remain a theory: the
explanation which best
>Ross M.

Actually, I think many things related to evolution CAN be observed even in
our short lifetimes, such as the adaptation of moth colors to industrial
grime and the adaptation of insect pests to insecticides, or the fact that
bacteria become immune to antibiotics...

P.S. There's nothing wrong with a theory (which can be improved or
disproved tomorrow). But there can be something wrong with pronouncements
that are not subject to testing.

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A.