Sender:
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:30:12 EDT
I've been enjoying the discussions on macro and micro evolution.  A good
analogy can be a useful tool, so here goes:

Macro vs micro - aging

If an intelligent race of flies with a lifespan of seven days or so were
buzzing around the various humans taking notes, they might conclude that
small changes in humans were possible over time.  I doubt if they would
believe claims explaining larger changes or differences.  Could that
professional wrestler at one time have been a helpless infant?  Never!  Could
a bent and crippled woman in wheelchair who doesn't know where her dentures
are, have been a brilliant academician?  I don't think so!  And yet with time
and the events of life, these things happen.

Just a thought,

Martin