Sender:
From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:33:21 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I think you are missing April's point.

cut-------

Hello!

I do not think anyone missed the point. Maybe it is viz. I never whine (except
for now).
If the topic of micro/macro evolution is perceived as being off topic on this
list
it is strictly a personal viewpoint as to what and what is not of interest to the

subscriber requesting on topic posts (of their interest).

 I am interested in Liguus, Polymitas, Cypraeovula and Zoila. There have been
maybe three posts on these (my interest) during the life of CONCH-L.
I have never complained (except for now). There have been probably
(conservatively) 100 posts telling others on the list to keep on topic.
Pretty one sided bias here 33 1/3 to 1 (in my humble opinion and on my
interests).
I never whine (except for now).

I do not know what makes some so "pushy" to keep the list on topic (of their
interest).
Is it pressure at work or did someone pee in your corn flakes that morning?
A pecking order syndrome? Whatever it is, it is a bit pushy.

In my opinion the list should  ban discussions byne's disease, glass vials, shell
cleaning, conchs,
fluorescence, shellcrafting, acid content of wood, compatibility of
plastics/foams with shells,
mailing protocols, CITES, shell strewn graveyards, tiny land shells, etc etc
These do not have any relation to my specialized interest in shells.
Well maybe fluorescence is OK since Zoila venusta seems to glow like a neon sign
under UV.

So in conclusion, please do not post any more about  what your very personal
ideas
of off topic subjects are and how others should post on subjects
of your specific interest (shell related of course).

On another subject: Hi Kalil, wonderful to see you posting again!
(A very personal oldtimer insider joke, HA!)

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;
"The Liguus Home Page"