Sender:
From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:46:46 -0700
Dear Gijs
        Yes, you are right. We DO want to catagorize, name, and characterize
more than we should. It makes our world orderly. Homo sapiens is, by
instinct, opposed to chaos. If he has a collection of stamps, he prefers
them to be in a neat album rather than in an old cigar box. We like
names. We want them to be accurate. If there is a question as to which
"slot" a creature belongs in, we are willing to wait. ---but not
forever.
        Art