Sender:
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 23:16:09 -0500
7bit
From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Shellron wrote:

> Hi everyone.   Can any of you Florida Conch-L ers suggest a good uncleaned
> shelling beach within a 2 hour drive of Orlando either east or west?  We just
> want to walk the beach and stoop as in Sanibel without going that far south
> this year.  Two places we've heard of are Honeymoon Island and Treasure Island
> on the Gulf side. We'd appreciate any suggestions of your favorite places for
> beachwalking if you're willing to share them.  Any nice places to go around
> Cape Canaveral?   Thanks much!
>
> Ron and Sue Lewis
There really isn't anything to collect at Cape Canaveral...It has been
dredged, replenished and dug up so much..that there really isn't
anything there.

You really have to dive to find anything off of our area and then you
have to go 20-30 miles out.

One of club members lives at Indialantic Beach and frequently walks the
beaches.  She finds Janthina and certain things that are very seasonal.
But she walks the beaches every day.

I am afraid there isn't much intertidally on the East Coast of Florida
unless you go down toward Peanut Island.  Marlo would know something
about that area.

We never shell locally.  We go to the Bahamas and travel for our
shelling. Jim dives off of Pompano Beach.

By the way, we live on Merritt Island...just West of Cocoa Beach.
--
Jim & Bobbi Cordy
Specializing in Self-Collected