Sender:
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:28:49 -0400
7bit
From:
Dear all,

Well it is not exactly a mollusk story, but I did find it on a beach,
Maiami Beach to be specific:  I have in my possession a man's timex
watch from the band of which have grown six or seven glass sponges.  The
watch is working, keeps perfect time, and the illumination light still
works (takes a licking and is still a-ticking!).

Can anyone give me an idea of how long the watch would have had to be in
the water for these sponges to grow? The biggest one is 7" long.

Thanks!

Mariah

--
Mark and Mariah Lawson