Sender:
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 00:44:51 EDT
I believe the two are distinct.  They are both rather spineless forms, which
look more like some kind of Ocenebra or Urosalpinx than true Latiaxis.
Actually they are not true Latiaxis.  Coralliophila fritschi is the usual
classification of your last-mentioned species.  The other one used to be
classified as a Latiaxis (actually Lineaxis - very close), in the same family
as C. fritschi.  However, it was later (I'm not sure when) moved to the
family Muricidae, subfamily Thaidinae.  I'm not sure what genus it is
currently assigned to.
Paul M.