Sender:
From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 23:24:57 -0700
To all Conch-Lers,
        The College of the Redwoods has a collection of shells that were
donated, over 20 years ago, by Robert Talmadge.  After two years as
volunteer coordinator of the collection, we have almost finished with the
labeling of the material.  There are  although, several specimens that I
have no idea of their validity.  As there are no references in the
collection or library, I have decided to try my friends at Conch-L.  Can
anyone tell me if the species Anadonta nutalliana nutalliana is a valid
species and who was the author and his date?  The specimen was collected in
the 60's in Clear Lake, Lake Co., California.
        Thank you for your help,
Dan Yoshimoto
Volunteer Curator of the Talmadge Collection
College of the Redwoods
Eureka, California

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto
1164 Vista Dr.