Sender:
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 03:43:14 -1100
7bit
From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everybody,

I'm back in Samoa, after a nice, hot summer in Texas.
It was great to meet so many of you in Louisville.  I had
a blast!  All of you that didn't make the Louisville COA
convention should try to make it to Houston next year.
You won't be disappointed.

While snorkeling in Pago Pago harbor today (sound
familiar???)  I didn't collect any cypraea leucodon, but
I did collect an odd shell that I've never seen before.  I
thought it was a nudibranch at first, but on closer in-
spection I noticed a small shell on its back.  It looks
exactly like the photo of Micromelo undatus in the
compendium, but its range is listed as Florida to Brazil.
None of my other books depict anything close to it.  If
any of you opisthobranchia experts (or anyone else)
are interested in identifying the little guy, please drop
a line to:

and I'll e-mail you a photo.

Cheers,

Don