Sender:
From:
"Sylvia S. Edwards" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:07:26 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry for help identifying shells for
our mini shell show.  As a way of explanation, it is not a show for small
shells, but a very small, popular-vote, informal show.

The Polygyra cereolus won a 2nd place ribbon.  I entered it in the category
"Most  Unusual Beach Find."  The 20 MM brass shell casing dated 1942 that my
husband found on the beach and I entered for him, won the 1st place ribbon
in that category.

I entered the Crassispira leucocyma and the Engina turbinella (under my
husband's name) in the "Best Small Specimen".   The Engina won a 1st and the
Crassispira won a third.  The turrid was no more than fly speck and how
Andrew Vik identified it from my scan is still a mystery.  I could barely
see it with a magnifying glass.

Thanks to all.  Just thought you would like to know how it turned out.

Sylvia S. Edwards
Huntsville, Alabama