Sender:
From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:07:42 +0900
> I would have now idea where to go with this, maybe someone out there does. I
> just do believe this should not go without someone having to atone for the
> complete destruction of a marine environment right before our noses.

Vice-president and putative presidential candidate Al 'Hug the planet' Gore
would seem like a good candidate. Here in Japan, Dr. Hiroshi Fukuda and
others are fighting a heroic action to prevent the construction of a
nuclear power plant on a site where micromolluscs of, among others, the
family Cornirostridae are found. They are going at it via TV, newspapers
and other controversy-starved local media, and have succeeded in bringing
the issue to the attention of several rival ministries - who will hopefully
now try to outdo each other in expressing concern for the environment.