Sender:
From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:45:29 -0400
>Regarding the person who named the most number of valid taxa, I believe it
>was pilsbry with WH Dall in second place.
I SECOND THE MOTION ON THE FLOOR.
If memory serves me correct (a
>bad assumption
I UNDERSTAND, BELIEVE YOU ME
) Pilsbry named some 5000
QUITE A FEW WERE CRUSTACEA, BUT WHAT THE HECK?
and Dall a slightly lesser number.
>If necessary I can track down the exact numbers.  These numbers were of
>all taxa, not just ones still felt to be valid.
CORRECT.  AND ACTUALLY PILSBRY'S LOST A COMPARATIVELY FEW TO SYNONOMY.  HE
WAS REALLY BRILLIANT.  SUCH A GRASP OF EVERY SINGLE GROUP.  CRANKING OUT
PAPERS, OVER 1000 PUBLICATIONS, QUILL PEN, CANDLELIGHT, AHHH, NO PEER
REVIEWS AND HE WAS STILL MORE OFTEN CORRECT THAN ALL OF US PUT TOGETHER.
WHAT A MIND THAT GUY HAD.  OK, I'VE DECIDED I HATE HIM.  TIME FOR AN
ANTI-DEPRESSANT.

KURT