Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:56:25 -0400
7bit
From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Thought you all might enjoy this:

Tucker was VERY active in our shell club (Astronaut Trail).  Some
wonderful things he did for us:

1.  Set up tables and pegboards for Shell Show each year.
2.  Sold his autographed books and gave us a percentage.
3.  Helped us set up our Scholarship Fund.  We give a yearly scholarship
to a graduate student.
4.  Gave Eduational talks every month 30 minutes before our meetings
started.
5.  Talked to thousands of school children who "used to" come to our
Shell Shows each year (before the lottery messed up our school's budgets
and the schools can't afford to bring those busloads of children any
more).

One year we had a Caribbean theme for our shell show.  My husband and I
had been on a dive trip to the Bahamas on a 65 foot sail boat.   We
brought back a load of Queen Conchs (when collecting was not banned).

We cleaned Conchs for hours as we sailed back from Bimini to Miami.   I
ground up the conch when I got home and put all the meat in our freezer.

When our Shell Show came....I made conch fritters for our party.    I
fried them all in Tucker/Cecelia's kichen.   Put them in foil lined ice
chests to keep them warm.

Tucker and Cecelia and I had more fun doing this and made a HORRIBLE
mess in the kitchen as well.  We also ate a few of them while doing the
job.

Bobbi

--
Jim and Bobbi Cordy