Sender:
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 00:25:22 EDT
My wife's self collected story, and she has many, is when we were on a night
reef walk, on a minus tide at a place called Bolo flats on Okinawa. Half way
into the walk, my wife kind of went off on her own, not out of sight, just by
herself. Next thing we all heard this tremendous scream and went running over
to where she was in a tidal pool that was about 2 or 3 feet deep. There she
was hold a live Charonia tritonis about 18 to 20 inches long and waking
everyone in the area. Horatio Buck, who was with us at the time, said she had
to wake half of Okinawa. That is one shell that she will never let go.

Frank Walker

Gems From The Sea
72 Peltier Street, Marlborough, MA 01752 USA
  - BUY - SELL - TRADE - CONSIGNMENT -
"Quality Specimen Shells & Shell Crafts"
(508) 481-7491; Fax: (508) 624-9778; out-of- state 1-800-497-3601
E-mail: [log in to unmask]   Web Site: http://www.shellgems.com
Send for FREE list - We accept ALL major credit cards!
       New Shells Arriving Every Week!!