Sender:
From:
Karen Lamberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:45:48 -0400
Hi Kathleen
Been there done that........are you diving or snorkeling? Or beach walking?
I was there in late 80's, tortola, Norman Is., etc. and found most shallow
areas picked over, but the consolation prize was fantastic fish and turtles
that would swim within arm's length so long as you did not try to touch and
scare them. We did find some really terrific huge chitons on the rocks at
the waterline up to the hi tide, but you really had to look. Of course since
then things may have changed greatly! The ocean seems to do that!  Good
shelling, and let me know if I can be of more help. If I knew which islands,
I could check the collection.  Have fun!  Karen