Sender:
From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:37:04 -0400
Welcome fellow micro-head Kobie!
Since I do mostly beach collecting, I've been veering towards microshells
more and more. I'm grappling with the problem that micros are difficult to
identify because they've been more neglected and also there are few
up-to-date books available.
(Incidentally, for all you American shellers, I've been looking to get a
copy of Abbott's 2nd edition American Seashells. Finally, found one for
sale through the site for alibris.com. They only want $480! I've also
e-mailed Jerry Herasewych (sp?) of the Smithsonian to ask when he might
have a 3rd out. He hasn't responded yet.)
I very much admire and encourage your efforts to get your shell photos on
the web. There are a few such sites and my personal shell utopia includes
the vision of having an international comprehensive identifier of shells on
the web.
I'd like to set up some swaps of micros if possible. I'm about to go to
Kerala in India for 2 weeks and will have one day stopover in Kuwait as
well.
(Still no one with beach experience in Kerala out there?)
--David Kirsh