Sender:
From:
"Ross W. Gundersen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 10:28:49 -0900
To: Fellow Shellophiles <[log in to unmask]>
Dear COA List Serv Members:

The shell screen saver web site (http://131.210.4.114/shells/) was
establishe for two reasons: 1.  To raise money for my grad
students and 2.  provide COA members with visually pleasing high
quality customizable shell screen savers.

Several of you reported that the sample screen saver which could
be downloaded from my site was infected with a virus.  Needless to
say it was (Win95/CIH).  The original screen saver on my other
computer is virus free.  Therefore it is my duty to inform you that we
 have a malicious hacker in our midst.  My log file knows your
address and I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!  Please treat the members of this
List Serv with respect.

The sample screen saver has been disinfected and replaced on the
web site.  Downloading should now be safe.  If you once again get
the virus message please let me know immediately.

Best, Ross Gundersen

1