Sender:
From:
Laura Pegler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 23:22:56 -0400
Talk about lost barges! We had a barge hit one State Road 528 bridge
between Cape Canaveral and Merritt Island today after it got loose from
its mooring. It knocked out two of the spans underneath and cracked a
couple of other ones.  The westbound side of the bridge is expected to be
closed up to a month.

And if there are conchs all over the place, I'm going to the beach
tomorrow.

We lost power on Merritt Island for over 7 hours today. It went out just
around 7 am, and didn't go back on until about 2. I talked with Bobbi
Cordy about 2:30 and her electricity still hadn't come back on.

What is one to do without electricity these days?

Laura
Merritt Island, FL