Sender:
From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:00:18 -1100
Hi Floridians, Strombus people, and everybody else,

While cruising EBAY a couple of nights ago, I noticed
that there was a nice, shiny albino Strombus alatus up
for auction.  How rare are these shells?  I know that
albinism shows up in a lot of different families, but it
seems like I see more photos of albino strombs than
any others.  Is albinism really more prevalent in the
strombidae?  Is a totally white variation of Strombus
gibberulus necessarily albino?

Your thoughts appreciated as always,

Don

directly under Mali