Sender:
From:
Bill Mahavier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 16:37:37 EST
11/7/99
Hi, Shell Lovers
Well, I'm back again. It's been a while.
MMM (My MicroMollusks) collection has grown. I now have 43 different
species. 9 of which I haven't been able to identify.
I have photographed all of the species and scanned them to floppies.
Some are common, some protoconchs and some prodissoconchs. And some
of them have never been heard of. At least not by me or anyone in my shell
club.
But, They are all beautiful. And searching, separating, photographing, trying
to identify and scanning keeps me busy. The best part of the whole operation
is
that it all can be done in my den, ( Work Room).
One large handful of "Grunge" (Beach Wash) from the South Jetty at Port
Aransas,
 Texas can keep me busy for a long time. Washing the Grunge, letting it dry
and then
running it through a series of strainers will leave me enough to last at
least a week.
Have any questions, continents or requests? E-Mail me; either through CONCH-L
or my E- Mail address. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
                 Bill
P.S. The largest shell in My MicroMollusk collection is 3.75 mm long. I don't
know what constitutes a "Microshell" size but I don't keep anything over 4
mm.
Most of my collection are 2 mm and smaller. The smallest is .25 mm