Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:51:53 -0100
From:
Sérgio Ávila <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Dear collegues:
I am finishing a check-list of the marine molluscs of São Miguel island
(Azores) and I am having some taxonomic difficulties.

I need help in the following questions:

1 - Amati B., 1987 described Alvania sleursi as Manzonia (Alvinia) sleursi
sp.n. (Gastropoda, Prosobranchia) at  Notiziario del CISMA, 10: 25-30,
which I do not have. I  needed to know the locations (islands, sites and
depth at which he collected the samples.

2 - Does anybody has current data bout Setia quisquiliarum geographic
distribution (besides the Azores?)

3- Cerithium zebrum was given to Galapagos islands by Reeve (1866). This
species is also reported to the Azores by Drouet (1858:30 - Rosto do Cão,
São Miguel island). Does anybody know the actual name of this species?

4 - Simroth quoted Janthina balteata Reeve (no year!) to the Azores. I just
can't find what is this species...

5 - The same to Scalaria pseudoscalaris Risso (no year!) given to São
Miguel island, Azores by Drouet (1858: 30).

6 - Nassa asperula Brocchi (no year!) was reported to São Miguel by Drouet
(1858: 32), but I can't find a synonym. Any idea?

7 - I have once received an e-mail about the Mitrolumna species of the
Azores, stating that the species that I used to call Mitrolumna olivoidea
was not correctly identified. Is it Mitrolumna olivoidea restricted to the
Mediterranean or does it appear also at Madeira and Canary islands?

8 - What could it be Raphitoma turgidum (Forbes, 1844)?

9 - Is it Berthellina edwardsi (Vayssière, 1896) still a valid name?

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Sérgio

Sergio Avila, Dr.