Sender:
From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:31:08 +1100
Dear All,

I have the sad duty to report to you that Jim Springsteen, the author of
Shells of the Philippines is no longer with us. I did not know Jim
personally, but have been in contact with him many times. This is what a
friend of mine wrote about him:

Jim was 53 and was a pharmacist, with a long standing interest in
Malacology, at least since the early 1960's. He died of a cerebral
haemorrhage, in mid September. Unfortunately he leaves behind his
wife Roselyn (they were married 16 years) and six month baby daughter. As
part of his Masters thesis worked on the
southern Australian Columbellidae, unfortunately Jim never got around to
publishing this work.

I am sure he will be missed by many

Patty Jansen