From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 07:55:23 -1100
Since nobody has filled in my area of the world, I can add:

Tutuila Island, American Samoa--Pago Pago Harbor, west
     side, 3 to 5 meters, Utulei sand pits--uncommon/rare.

Off Tutuila Island, Taema Bank, 30 to 40 meters, 2 small
     specimens, dead.

Vavau, Tonga--on sand slope, west side of Kenutu Island,
     3 to 6 meters.

Upolu Island, W. Samoa--south side of the island, sand
     flat inside reef, 1 to 2 meters.

Conus tessulatus is not very common in any of these areas.
The ones found in shallow water are usually mixed in with
many Conus eburneus.  You'd have to sift a lot of sand to
find one in the day time.

Cheers,

Don