From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:06:12 -0500
Can anyone help me out, here?
OK, I thought I had resolved that the abundant, variably-colored Terebra I
found in the intertidal zone in Varkala, Kerala, India is not a Terebra. It
is Bullia tranquebarica if the description and photo in Wye's Encyclopedia
is correct. Superficially, it certainly does not look like the other Bullia
species.
However, I just found the illustration at Hardy's site:
<www.gastropods.com/shell_pages/t/Shell_Bullia_tranquebarica.html>
It shows a much more Bullia-like item.
Which is the true B. tranquebarica? I don't believe intra-species
variability can explain the differences in the two illustrations--or can
it?

David
Durham, NC