From:
"Monfils, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:13:21 -0500
Hi John,
Ah yes, the curse of vernacular names!
Here are my suggestions/ideas/guesses (I'm reasonably confident of the first
six):
Purple drupe = Drupa morum
Deburgh's Latiaxis = Latiaxis deburghiae
Garter Cone = Conus genuanus
Rosy Harp = Harpa doris
Thick Ribbed Cardita = Cardita crassicostata
Winged triton = Biplex perca
Thailand Cone - isn't there a cone called thailandensis?  Not sure
Bright murex - possibly Murex pellucidus??
Kieners delphina - probably an Angaria, not sure which one
Triangular nutmeg - probably a Trigonostoma, not sure which one
Fringed Bonnet - probably Phalium fimbria - maybe Cassis fimbriata
Purple Gyre Triton - probably a Gyrineum - Gyrineum roseum??
Phantasmagorical turban - you gotta be kidding!

Regards,
Paul M.