From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:00:18 -0800
I can't say I've lost shells around the house, but I have decided finally to
order a specimen of something that I've wanted for years, only to realize
after I got it that I'd already aquired one years ago, put it away and
forgotten all about it...shows how much I really needed it in the first place.
(I did this with a CD the other week, and having 2 of the same CD is NOT the
same as having 2 of the same shell species!)

Peter Egerton,
Vancouver, Canada (I think...)

>"You say you don`t have enough space for storing  your shells?  You say you
can`t find some of them since you dismantled that last exhibit?  Is this
what`s getting you down, little old buddy?  Well, never fear!  Hold your
head down lower and go look among the "dust bunnies" under the beds in your
house, AND....you might do what yours truly did this morning.  She found a
whole box of pectens hiding under the bed in the master bedroom!   I wonder
why I thought I was missing a pecten or two.  Egads, I must be getting
old(er?)  It`s a good thing I have been recataloguing.  (Don`t be as dumb as
I was!)  Have you found some of your shells in odd places?   At least, I was
able to laugh at myself and reaquanted myself with some of my lovely Chlamys
senatoria!    Linda

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca,
student of zoology and computers for life.
The beginnings of my website:
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html