From:
R J Du Preez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2094 12:17:11 +0200
Barbara,

I have a program to do just what you want. My husband wrote the basics and I
did the cosmetics. It is however a bit unpractical to id from the computer,
I have found.  It is nice to built a photo reference of ones own shells
though. I can now print the picture and data on card board and file it in
standard size catalogue boxes. I allow 6 images per shell. With digital
cameras and scanning of bigger shell it is a cheap way to build a picture
reference of your collection. If you are interested in the program contact
me privately please, I call it Compu-Shells.  [log in to unmask]

We have a CD ROM of South African shells available, authored by Douw Steyn
and Markus Lussi. They got the idea of shells on CD from me. I don't know
how many of their product they have sold, they will be able to tell you if
it is worthwhile to sell such a product. [log in to unmask]

Kobie du Preez